James Hazlewood, a shareholder, has been with the firm since 1998. He has been representing community associations since 1989, and focuses now on oversight of the collection department and working on community association general counsel matters – from simple to complex. He is a member of the national College of Community Association Lawyers. James is also a current member of the Education Committee of the Arizona Association of Community Managers and has taught a number of courses for that organization. He has been a speaker at national Community Associations Institute seminars as well as local events and continuing legal education. His experience also includes landlord-tenant matters, bankruptcy, real estate and business matters for a variety of clients. Prior to becoming a lawyer, he represented clients as a media director and account executive for advertising agencies.
- Arizona State University College of Law, J.D., 1988
- University of Texas at Austin
- B.J. in Advertising, 1972, Honors
- University of Illinois (Champaign)
- M.S. in Advertising, 1973
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Community Associations Institute
- College of Community Association Lawyers
- Arizona Trustee Association
Shimmel, Hill, Bishop & Gruender, P.C., 1989-1998.
- Landlord/tenant, HOA and litigation experience.
- Advertising agency and media positions, 1974 -1985.
- Past speaker at national and local CAI conferences, and continuing legal education seminars.
Dogs & Disabled Residents
September 10, 2014 in Homeowners Associations
- Homestead Exemptions – How Can They Affect…
October 24, 2012 in Homeowners Associations
- Can the Absentee Ballot Be “Saved” If No Quorum?
March 02, 2012 in Homeowners Associations
- Duties, what duties?
April 08, 2011 in Homeowners Associations
- Common Area Taxes
December 03, 2010 in Homeowners Associations
- BOARD MEMBER QUALIFICATIONS: Can a Delinquent…
November 19, 2010 in Homeowners Associations