Jason is the managing partner of the firm’s Tucson office. He practices in the areas of real estate and employment law with substantial experience representing community associations, non-profit corporations, residential and commercial landlords and tenants, and other property and business owners. He has particular experience in Fair Housing and employment discrimination matters, insurance defense litigation, and administrative law.
Jason is a former and current board member of the Community Association Institute’s Southern Arizona chapter, and he teaches frequently on Fair Housing and community association law.
Outside of the office, Jason is an outdoor enthusiast and likes to spend his free time trail running and mountain biking. He especially enjoys spending time outdoors with his four kids, who thankfully enjoy the desert and the mountains as much as he does. As a Hoosier by birth, he also is an avid basketball fan as well.
- Indiana University Bloomington Maurer School of Law, J.D., 2000
- Ball State University, B.A., 1996
- American Bar Association
- Community Associations Institute
- Pima County Bar Association
- Arizona Multi-Housing Association
- Tucson Defense Bar
- Defense Research Institute
- Pima County v. Pima County Law Enforcement Merit System Council, 211 Ariz. 224 (2005)
- LaWall v. Pima County Merit System Commission, 212 Ariz. 489 (App. 2006)
- Tucson Estates Property Owners Association, Inc. v. Holly McGovern and Donald Sines, 2016 WL 197813
Medical Marijuana & HOAs
- Cautionary & Tragic Tales of HOAs in the…
April 03, 2012 in Homeowners Associations
- ALJ Redux: Déjà Vu All Over Again?
June 03, 2011 in Homeowners Associations
- New ADA Regulations on Service Animals: Does It…
February 25, 2011 in Homeowners Associations
- Medical Marijuana: You Can Regulate Smoking in…
February 11, 2011 in Homeowners Associations
- Fair Housing Retaliation: Just Don’t…
January 14, 2011 in Homeowners Associations